Covid authoritarianism is out of control. It’s time the people pushed back.
Today’s fresh plan includes:
– A 10pm curfew for all pubs across England – and they will be made to offer table service by law.
– There will be a significant cap on the number of guests allowed at weddings.
– But businesses and schools will be able to stay open as No10 attempts to stave off a second lockdown.
– A dramatic increase in enforcement measures to make sure people are obeying the Rule of Six.
– More fines could be slapped on those flouting the rules with on-the-spot closures for venues that fail to follow the rules.
– Facemasks will be made compulsory for staff in hospitality and close contact places – and taxis too
„We must not risk that day care centres and schools will close again and that children are forced to remain at home for weeks because we have accepted higher infection rates due to lax rules at family parties,“ Saskia Esken, co-leader of the Social Democrats, told the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung (FAS) newspaper.
Ralph Brinkhaus, leader of the CDU/CSU conservative parliamentary bloc, said: „Unfortunately since the start of summer a certain recklessness has spread.“
“In accordance with government guidelines, no hymns were sung, but a selection of music was played,” said Buckingham Palace. “The National Anthem was played – but not sung.”